Friday 25 April 2014

And... we're off!

It's difficult to believe that the Eurovision season is about to begin again. It seems like barely a few weeks since the 2013 contest! To all traveling to Copenhagen over the coming days, I wish you a safe and pleasant journey. I'll be there from Friday May 2nd but will be returning to the UK on Friday 9th May, suitably enough, on Europe Day!

2014 is shaping up to be an exciting year; it looks like it'll be tense for Russia and Ukraine and with no real runaway winner, it'll hopefully be a close race to the finish line. Danish broadcaster DR look like they're planning a spectacular show! The stage looks very impressive indeed, and with several days to go before rehearsals start, they're also looking super organised!


It'll be a busy one for me, with the publication of my book The Modern Fairy Tale: Nation Branding, national identity and the Eurovision Song Contest in Estonia as well as my on-going punditry work. I'm sure there will be time for dancing (as well as the odd glass of prosecco!) Eurovision 2014 is almost upon us! Join us!

No comments:

Post a Comment