Wednesday 17 April 2013

The Big Review (12) Moldova

Moldova is an interesting country in Eurovision, they're very hit and miss. Their debut in 2005 was a hit and their follow-up in 2006 was a big miss. Last year's song was a cracking little ditty and I even thought it was going to win the whole thing at one point (I know, I had obviously listened to the songs too many times to remain objective!) This year is a bit of a miss for me. I don't like Aliona's voice for a start nor do I like the song. Even having the lovely Pascha on piano doesn't help this. It all comes across as rather messy. Good use of the frock though, very Azerbaijan 2012! I would dearly love Moldova to win one day, it would be fascinating if the contest was staged in what is a very problematic country, economically and politically (it's the poorest country in Europe and has seen massive civil unrest in Transnistria). With Romania unable to vote in this semi-final, I think it's safe to say that it won't be Chisinau 2014!


Qualifying: No

No comments:

Post a Comment